Subject: Re: [boost] Mutex vs Semaphore
From: Jean-Sebastien Stoezel (js.stoezel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-02 22:57:21

Thanks for the quick reply. Using conditon variables sounds quite
heavy. You need to instantiate a mutex, a condition variable and a
flag...
Would there be anything wrong with instantiating a semaphore from the
interprocess library to provide inter-thread synchronization? By the
way, why isn't there any semaphore available in the thread library?

Jean