Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Application period ends today / review period begins.
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-03 14:06:46

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

> Troy,
>
> Is it the idea that I as a mentor shold go all proposals that I might
> consider to mentor and rate them?

I'd say all of the ones that you are interested in mentoring and all of
the high-scoring ones that you're not interested in mentoring. You'll
see some of them that arent really coherent, have already been scored
very low, and don't have the magic mailing-list-archive-link that
indicates that they even read these announcements (my invention). Those
you can ignore.

Google has said that the selection process is supervised, not automatic.
  I assume they will take into account if a proposal has been ranked
highly by multiple potential mentors. So I'd like to have at least the
good ones (say, top 20%) at least read/scored/commented by most mentors.

Help especially needed from whoever is intersted in mentoring devector
and the graph projects (who put these ideas on the wiki?)... there are
lots of proposals to filter.

-t