Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Students who have an application pending
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-04 12:29:41

Jeremiah Willcock wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, troy d. straszheim wrote:
>
>> Please try to keep your application up to date with mailing list
>> archive links (via gmane or whatever) to the heads of threads about
>> your proposals. Just add something like a "links to discussion"
>> section at the bottom. This will really help us.
>>
>> If no discussion has taken place here about your proposals, if you
>> update your proposal with a link to this message, you'll still get
>> points for having seen this message at all... :)
>
> How does that apply if the proposal was developed off-list? For
> example, Nick Edmonds has been discussing proposals with some students
> outside the Boost list, and so the threads are not in the Boost archives.

It seems that we have enough strong proposals that we don't need to use
mailing-list discussion to break any ties. Don't panic. If potential
mentors need further information they'll ask questions.

Realize that, were all else equal, students deemed likely to become
longterm boosters would be preferable to those likely to code-and-run.
So mailing list participation, design discussion, and the like are
important.

-t