Subject: Re: [boost] [convert] Version in the Vault ready for review.
From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-06 13:22:31

Sorry if I skimmed over some of the conversation too quickly, but if
not already mentioned, I'd like to suggest passing in the result as a
(by ref) param when you want more status information:

A)
int i = convert<int>::from(str); // throws if necessary

B)
int i = convert<int>::from(str, 0); // default supplied so no throw

C)
convert<int>::result res;
int i = convert<int>::from(str, res); // no throw - error/status
result returned in 'res'
int i = convert<int>::from(str, 0, res); // default + status

I could also see using nothrow/dothrow in there somwhere, but it seems
redundant.

Tony