Subject: Re: [boost] Moving property map library into a directory
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-07 08:49:24

> > The Boost Property Map Library (property_map) currently consists of a
> > number of files in the top-level boost/ include directory. It would
> > probably be better to move all of them into a subdirectory, especially
> > as
> > Nick Edmonds and I will be adding new files and directories into that
> > library soon. Should I do that move? I will update Boost.Graph; are
> > there other libraries in Boost that use property_map?
>
> You never know who is using the files outside the boost tree. Don't remove
> them altogether just that. As a safeguard, you could put forwarding headers
> into the Boost root instead of the old files. Those could be flagged to be
> deprecated (add some warnings - see the boost/spirit.hpp forwarding header
> for an example) and may be removed two or three versions from now.

I had started restructuring this library in the sandbox to accommodate some
features form a SoC project. I think its probably still in the graphv2
directory in the sandbox.

Also, it might be worthwhile to look in the graph/property_maps directory.
The constant, container, may deserve to be moved to the top-level library.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]