Subject: [boost] Patches in trac...
From: Marshall Clow (marshall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-08 12:24:42

At BoostCon last year, we had a discussion about the Trac system.
One of the things that we discussed was the fact that the "Patches" tag in Trac
was really a bad way to label things.

Don't get me wrong - patches are a good thing.
However, if a submitted patch fixes a problem, it should be
categorized as a "bug report" with a fix attached. And if a patch
adds new functionality, it should be categorized as a "feature
request" with a proposed implementation attached.

The conclusion that was reached at the end of the discussion was that
we wanted to get rid of the "Patches" label for Trac tickets, and to
move all the existing patches to either "Bugs" or "Feature Requests".

I am proposing that this happen immediately after the release of
version 1.39 - or immediately after BoostCon, say.

What do people think?

--
-- Marshall
Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall_at_[hidden]>