Subject: [boost] BoostCon 2009 Early Registration Still Available
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-09 10:42:01

In recognition of the economic climate, and in order to make possible
the maximum participation this year, we've extended the early
registration deadline for BoostCon until April 26th, so BoostCon is
still only $599. BoostCon has always been a great place to network,
find out what is happening in the C++ community, and learn about the
coolest C++ libraries being developed within and outside of Boost ---
and this year will be better than ever. The official schedule is now
live at http://www.boostcon.com/program. A few highlights of the
"mouth-watering content" (in the words of one enrollee) are:

* A keynote address from Andrei Alexandrescu called "Iterators Must Go."

* Troy Straszheim's presentations on how high-energy physicists are
 using Boost to process massive datasets as they go "Icefishing for
 Neutrinos" and on Kamasu, his library for offloading computation to
 your machine's GPU.

* Two hands-on sessions where we'll start recoding parts of Boost for
 C++0x, applying rvalue references, variadic templates, decltype, and
 advanced SFINAE capabilities using the latest GCC.

* "Practical C++ Test-Driven Development with Boost.Test and Bmock," by
 Asher Sterkin

* A session on compiler construction using Boost.Spirit v2, from Hartmut
 Kaiser and Joel de Guzman

The complete list of sessions covers a wide range of other Boost and
C++-related topics. Please have a look:
http://www.boostcon.com/program/sessions.

The quality of BoostCon has always depended on its diverse and
interesting participants, so bring your ideas, questions, and
experience, and sign up now!

            http://www.boostcon.com/registration

See you in Aspen,

--