Subject: Re: [boost] RE [filesystem] Version 3 request for comments
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-10 10:37:02

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 4:33 AM, <frederic.bron_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> A prototype implementation of version 3 of Boost.Filesystem is available
>> for comment.
>
> Have you now merged it to the trunk?

No, and I won't merge it to trunk until code breakage is reduced.

> nearly all tests now fail for cygwin.
> I will try to run the tests with cygwin 1.7 to see if it is better.

I'm really hoping Cygwin will add wide string support soon. The
stumbling block was Newlib, and the critical and difficult fixes have
now been merged into the Newlib trunk. IFAIK, the only remaining task
is for Cygwin's stdlib++ configuration to enable wide strings.

You might query the Cygwin mailing list to inquire about progress, and
report back if they have any time estimate when wide string support
might actually ship.

Thanks,

--Beman