Subject: [boost] boost regex build problem
From: Qihong Wang (qihongwang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-10 18:33:39

Hi,

I feel awkward to post almost the same question again. But I really have a
problem when I build 32 bits boost.regex with icu support on a 64 bits Linux
machine.

If I build 64 bits regex with icu support, they are fine.
If I build 32 bits regex without icu support, they are fine.
When I tried to build 32 bits regex with icu support, I used command for ICU
building

./runConfigureICU Linux --disable-64bit-libs
./configure --prefix=/home/qhwang/mylibs_32/icu --disable-64bit-libs
I checked icu libraries they are not dependent on 64bits libraries. So I'm
confident they are 32bits.
But when I use the command to build 32 bits regex
./bjam --prefix=/home/qhwang/mylibs/boost/ --with-regex
--build-dir=/tmp/boost_build/ --build-type=complete --address-mode=32
--architecture=x86
-sHAVE_ICU=1 -sICU_PATH=/home/qhwang/mylibs/icu/ install

Bjam showed
...failed updating 4 targets...
...skipped 12 targets...
...updated 7477 targets...
there were only static libraries built. When I linked them to my program
which were also compiled in 32 bits, the linker complained the libraries
were incompatable. Could someone give me some help again? Thanks in advance.

Qihong