Subject: [boost] [move] New version with move-aware containers library
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-12 19:21:01

Hi to all,

Sorry for the delay, but finally I've found some time to uploaded a new
version of Boost.Move:

Sandbox:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/move

ZIP file with docs:

http://www.drivehq.com/web/igaztanaga/move.zip

Online docs:

http://www.drivehq.com/web/igaztanaga/libs/move/

Changes:

-> Changed folder from boost/move_semantics to boost/move.
-> I've extracted all the containers from Boost.Interprocess, put them
in boost/container and they only depend on official Boost SVN code (I
haven't tested it, but it should be also nice with Boost 1.38). There is
no documentation for these containers.
-> Fixed a bug with EDG-based compilers.
-> Note: I haven't applied yet the patch for non-sfinae compilers.

With this changes, I think move emulation is quite portable (at least
MSVC, EDG and GCC).

Now that containers are independent from Boost.Interprocess, I would
like to ask about the next step. If the move library is added, where
should we put those containers? I would like to just drop common
(vector, list, ...) Boost.Interprocess containers and just maintain
these move-aware ones.

If move emulation is considered mature enough, we should also plan when
could we port all custom move-emulations present in several boost
libraries to the "official" move library.

Best,

Ion