Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in atomic library?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-22 21:06:38

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Seth LaForge <sethml_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 17:33,  <jbosboom_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Are you suggesting an implementation of std::atomic<T>?
>
> I wasn't suggesting that, since I'd never heard of std::atomic<T>.
> Reading the GNU libstdc++ docs, it appears atomic<T> is a C++ 200x
> feature, and is only implemented in the latest release (4.4) of
> libstdc++.  (I happen to be using release 4.1.)

The best reference is the current C++ Standard Working Paper. Go to
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/ and select "Current C++
Standard Working Paper" in the "Other information" section.

The original proposal is available at
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2427.html,
and it is very helpful for understanding the library. But changes are
being made at each meeting, so the current working paper is the final
word.

HTH,

--Beman