Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] mpl::string, help needed (vacpp, sun, borland)
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-24 11:11:49

Dmitry Goncharov wrote:
>> Eric Niebler wrote:
>>> We have a very interesting problem with the Sun compiler. I see from
>>> the regression reports that the mpl::string test is passing now with
>>> sun-5.9 on SunOS, but it's failing on Linux. The nature of the
>>> failure there is fascinating, and reveals our first true portability
>>> problem with multichar literals. Look at the error:
>> <snip>
>>
> A patch in the attachment.
> Verified with sun c++ 5.9 on sparc, sun c++ 5.10 on linux and gcc 4.3.3
> on linux.

Awesome! The PP conditional you have is:

#if defined(BOOST_LITTLE_ENDIAN) && BOOST_WORKAROUND(__SUNPRO_CC,
BOOST_TESTED_AT(0x590))

As this isn't a workaround for a compiler bug, I'll change this to:

#if defined(BOOST_LITTLE_ENDIAN) && defined(__SUNPRO_CC)

... and commit it. A million thanks!

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing