Subject: [boost] [ANN] Spirit V2.1 (beta) committed to the Boost SVN
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-26 12:58:30
The Spirit team proudly announces that we committed Spirit V2.1 (beta) to
the Boost SVN (trunk). We will continue the development there, so please
don't use the Spirit SVN anymore as it will quickly go out of sync.
Spirit V2.1 is a complete rewrite of V2.0, while maintaining most of the V2
interface. We will add a comprehensive document explaining what's changed
soon. Here are some of the highlights:
- More homogeneous interface (multi-attribute API similar to printf/scanf,
but using Qi/Karma format descriptions)
- More balanced set of primitives and directives (Qi and Karma now better
complement each other)
- Reduced compile times! Compilation is up to 50% faster if compared to
equivalent code from V2.
- Optimized execution times. Spirit is now faster than ever before.
- Simplified usage of grammars and token definitions
- Fixed a whole bunch of bugs and inconsistencies
Please report any experience you might gain (good and bad)!
As a side note: Joel and I will give a talk about Spirit V2.1 at BoostCon in
Aspen slightly more than a week from now. You still can register
(www.boostcon.com) if you haven't done yet.
On behalf of the Spirit team
PS: We would like to thank all who participated and contributed to this. It
really was a major team work!