Subject: Re: [boost] [move] New version with move-aware containers library
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-03 04:30:26

Ion Gaztañaga wrote:

>> BTW, how far are the interface of these move-aware containers from the
>> C++0x STL ones?
>
> I'm not sure but they should be quite similar. They don't have concepts
> or initializer lists but I've tried to follow the C++0x draft(e.g. they
> include placement insertion, resize() no longer require
> copy-constructible, just default constructible, ...). I would need to
> review all of them to see how far they are. They also don't include
> support for scoped allocators (...yet).

People are used to the standard containers, so I think it's important to
provide that same interface.
Feel free to extend it however, or even to differ when there is peculiar
reason to.

 From my personal experience, the find function of sets is fairly
limited for certain semi-intrusive scenarios.
I seem to recall boost.intrusive allows for a find with any key type,
maybe that could be added to your containers too.