Subject: Re: [boost] Submitting a patch to the bug/ticket list
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-07 06:25:38

2009/5/7 Daniel James <daniel_james_at_[hidden]>:
> 2009/5/7 Juan Antonio Zaratiegui Vallecillo, a.k.a. Zara <zara_at_[hidden]>:
>> Well, I have submitted a patch for dynamic_bitset.hpp, and I have seen
>> that the ticket is now 'closed' and 'fixed'.
>>
>> I don know if it is an automatic response from the system, or if I have
>> done something wrong (like, for instance, clicking where I should not
>> click), and in such case I should reopen the ticket.
>
> Presumably, you're writing about
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2842. It looks like you
> accidentally closed it. You should be able to reopen it by selecting
> the 'reopen' radio button in the box labelled 'action' near the bottom
> of the page.

Oh, and if you don't get much of a response to a ticket, the best
thing to do it to post to this list with the name of the library in
the subject (i.e. '[dynamic_bitset] problem compiling with gcc 4.3')
and don't be afraid of reposting after a week or two if you don't get
a response. Sometimes that's the only way to get attention.

I'm not sure how actively maintained the library is nowadays and we're
not very good at sharing maintenance responsibilities here. If you
don't get a response soon, I'll take a look at your patch.

Daniel