Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Automatic registration of tests created with BOOST_PARAM_TEST_CASE
From: Jan Stolarek (fremenzone_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-09 13:21:06

> Boost.Test do not support this setup out of the box

It seems to me that there's no unit testing framework for C++ that would
support that (please correct me if I'm wrong).

> Which particular part?
For example this : "Sub test case names are deduced from the macro argument
test_case_name. If you prefer to assign different test case names, you need
to use the underlying make_test_case interface instead." More details on that
would be nice. It would also be great to add more complex examples. Examples
for each section are clear, however problems arise when one tries to combine
concepts from many sections.

> This is not a good idea.
I found it in documentation for Boost 1.34 :
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_34_1/libs/test/doc/tests/parameterized_test_test.html

> Your best shot probably is to try ot do this in global fixture.
Would this be a good solution if I had many tests with lots of data sets?

> You can implement your own generator.
Could you point me to example on how to do that?

>Also you probably should register your test units directly under
>framework::master_test_suite()
As mentioned in my fisrt mail I have tried that but with no result. It seems
that I got something wrong with what I can add to master test suite.

Jan