Subject: [boost] [1.40.0] Release branch open
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-10 21:28:44
The release branch (https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release) is
open for merging all stable changes from trunk, including bug fixes and
major upgrades to existing libraries. Breaking changes should be
coordinated via the mailing list with the developers of the other
libraries affected. New libraries may be added, but require permission
of a release manager.
In other words, except for new libraries, merging changes *does not*
need permission from a release manager. I.e. just do it!
The release schedule:
* June 15, 2009: branches/release closed for new libraries and breaking
changes to existing libraries. Still open for bug fixes and other
routine changes to all libraries.
* June 22, 2009: Release managers start QA checks.
* July 6, 2009: branches/release closed for major code changes. Still
open for serious problem fixes and docs changes.
* July 13, 2009: branches/release closed for all library changes except
when specific permission given by release manager(s).
* July 20, 2009: Beta release target date. Further betas and/or release
candidates as feedback dictates.
* August 1, 2009: Release ship date.
Links relating to this release:
* Google Calendar with the release schedule:
* Release schedule explanation:
* Release practices for developers:
--The release management team
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk