Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40.0] OK to build release?
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-12 15:13:48

Beman Dawes wrote:

> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:57 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Eric Niebler wrote:

>>> What ever happened to 1.39?
>>>
>>> Nobody ever got back to me about this issue:
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/boost-developers-archive/msg/875d10cf81244de0
>>
>> Hmm. I wonder if this issue was ever considered by release management team,
>> and explicitly declared as not a release blocker?
>
> I followed the discussion, and thought that it had been resolved and fixed.
>
>> Do we even have a mechanism
>> to submit possible release blocker issues for consideration, and a Trac
>> query to search for such?
>
> Not that I know of. Might be a good idea. Do you have a suggestion as
> to how it might work?

Maybe, Trac query for issues with milestone of <next release> and severity
of "Showstopper". I've just looked for 1.39 issues -- there's 155 open ones,
presumably because sumbitters tend to set some value for "Milestone". Of them,
9 are marked as showstoppers -- presumably by submitters to. So, it's
safe to assume that only a minority of issues submitted by users will have
severity of "Showstopper" and therefore it's a good way to indicate that
an issue should be considered by release team.

- Volodya