Subject: Re: [boost] [rfc] Unicode GSoC project
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-15 12:37:20

Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>> Mathias Gaunard wrote:

>> I should hope there is a way to operate on valid Unicode ranges that
>> happen not to be in normalization form C.
>
> A way to operate on such data would be normalizing it beforehand.

Sorry, but that doesn't seem like the right choice to me. If I am
processing some lump of UTF-* text in a way that doesn't care about
grapheme clusters (etc), then I don't want to have to waste effort on
an unnecessary normalisation step.

Why do you think that your algorithms - whatever algorithms they are,
which we don't know yet - benefit from this precondition?

Phil.