Subject: Re: [boost] PropertyTree's XML parsers survey
From: Stjepan Rajko (stjepan.rajko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-17 12:12:29

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Sebastian Redl
<sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PropertyTree currently has 5 (five!) different xml readers using 4
> different parsers. I don't want to maintain them all. Looking at the
> open tickets for PT shows that most bugs occur in the various xml
> readers, and there's no point in having more than one.
>
> I just wonder which one to keep. To those who use PropertyTree's XML
> format, which parser do you use? Do you have any experience with the
> pros and cons of the various parsers?

I have been only using the provided rapidxml parser, and have had no
need for anything different. I only use XML for very basic
configuration files, and don't know whether more complicated uses
would benefit from a different parser.

Thank you for providing some maintenance for this library.

Best,

Stjepan