Subject: Re: [boost] boost trac for upcoming libraries?
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-20 10:18:43

>>> I suspect confusion is very likely -- in particular, having bug report
>>> against proposed library with target milestone of 1.40 would be fairly
>>> confusing. Or, maybe there's some technical measure to limit possible
>>> values of properties for bug reports?
>>>
>> How about just name the component clearly, i.e. "[prop] FooBar" and then
>> remove the tag once accepted. (And choose a good prefix scheme that make
>> the proposed libraries end up last in the list.)
>>

> I think it would be *very* useful - but someone needs to work out the
> details.
>
> An extra target milestone might be 'Review'?

Thanks for all answers. I think this will work and be useful for many
libraries.

However, our library (GGL) is quite large (also compared to other
libraries), has several sub-components and, preparing for the review,
will have an own library-specific roadmap and milestones (indeed one of
them will be review). We will use those internally, and for the users we
already have, for bugs, tasks and wishes.

We now realize that it, at this moment, is not convenient to fit all
these into the Boost trac.

Regards, Barend