Subject: Re: [boost] trunk vs release
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-22 12:28:11

This might be off topic, but I'm really lost here.

What I do on my system here is to set directory libs/serialization/test as
the current directory.
Then I invoke bjam, process.., and library_status or compiler status to
generate the test report
the one library I'm interested in. bjam dependency (generation or tracking)
makes sure that any
prerequisite libraries are rebuilt. (maybe there should be an option to
re-test those prerequisite builds).

Why not just apply this process to each library? It's a lot simpler than
trying to maintain
and "customize" a "global view" with an array of command line options and
doesn't
require any more work to make the libraries "more modular". Also it has the
benefit
what when I muckup my Jamfile.v2, It doesn't crash the whole testing setup.

Robert Ramey