Subject: [boost] Trac policy on "won't fix" issue
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-26 03:01:24

Suppose there's an issue in Trac about program_options library. The issue
is such that I personally have no hope of *ever* fixing it. What should be
done to such issue:

1. Close it as won't fix.
2. Keep it open.

(1) has the advantage that the issue won't show up in my searched, making
life easier for me, but it reduces chances that somebody else will accidentally
see and fix it. OTOH, the chances of such fix are also pretty low.

So, I personally prefer (1), but I also think we should have a single consistent
meaning of what open issue in Trac means, and under what cases an issue that is
not actually fixed can be closed.

Any comments?

- Volodya