Subject: Re: [boost] Trac policy on "won't fix" issue
From: Peter Bindels (dascandy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-27 02:32:09

2009/5/27 Ulrich Eckhardt <doomster_at_[hidden]>:
> "open" means just that, and it classifies the current state of the issue. If
> something is a bug but not fixable for whatever reason its current state is
> "open" because it is not fixed at the moment. The fact that it never will be
> fixed is a different thing, which should obviously be justified in the ticket,
> but it doesn't change the state from "open" automatically.

I strongly disagree. An issue (bug) is only open when there's a
decision to be made about what to do with it. When you've decided that
you won't fix it it doesn't so much fix the bug but it does close the
issue. People finding bugs that are in the product should look into
won't fix, open and related tags; issues not being open doesn't mean
they're fixed.

Maybe it's possible to change the default search (or default
search-here-for-your-to-be-reported-bug) target to include those
targets by default?

Kind regards,
Peter