Subject: Re: [boost] [Modularization] A new approach to header modularization
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-28 11:50:56

Beman Dawes wrote:

> I've started to put together a wiki page based on our ongoing Header
> Modularization discussions.
>
> See http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/HeaderModularization

I am afraid I still don't see clear, and detailed list of goals -- separate
from implementation concerns and requirements. So far, the only clearly
obvious points that require directory layout changes are:

1. Easier switch/merge (1 command instead of 2)
2. Easier deployment of prospective libraries... oh wait, a prospective
library can just the same layout as Boost, and be unpacked on top of it.

Everything else (like installing subset of Boost) can be handled by necessary
build system changes, probably with additional metadata.

So, are we in this just for 1?

- Volodya