Subject: [boost] Phoenix Reloaded
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-28 14:54:41

I'm kick-starting the development effort to reimplement Phoenix on top
of Proto. There's already been some discussion off-list among the
interested parties, but there was general agreement to move the
discussion here to do our work out in the open and possibly involve more
people. To that end, I have ...

... created a Wiki page for coordinating our efforts:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostPhoenix3

... created a branch at branches/phoenix_v3. Anybody interested in
helping out or just following along should do the following from
BOOST_ROOT (trunk):

cd boost
svn co https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/phoenix_v3/boost/phoenix
cd ../libs
svn co https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/phoenix_v3/libs/phoenix

There is nothing in boost/phoenix right now but stub headers, and
libs/phoenix is simply copied from trunk/libs/spirit/phoenix.

On the Wiki I put uploaded a miniphoenix.cpp file that demonstrates some
ideas I have about what Phoenix-on-Proto might look like. Feedback is
welcome.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing