Subject: Re: [boost] [Modularization] A new approach to header modularization
From: JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-28 17:17:35

De: boost-bounces_at_[hidden] [boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] En nombre de Beman Dawes [bdawes_at_[hidden]]
Enviado el: jueves, 28 de mayo de 2009 23:06
Para: boost_at_[hidden]

> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM, troy d. straszheim
> <troy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > In no particular order:
> >
> > - There is still the toplevel filesystem.hpp and friends to deal with.
>
> The way to deal with that is to migrate those to within the library's
> header directory.
>
> As boost grows, filling the boost/ with headers becomes less and less
> attractive.

I don't see why this is less attractive than having boost/ filled with
folders.

> Of course we have to leave the current headers there for
> compatibiltiy, but that location could be deprecated and eventually
> only <boost/filesystem/filesystem.hpp> supported.

*This* is less attractive to me; I think a Boost lib is entitled to have
at least one top level header; many use it to include all or the the most
usual components.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo