Subject: Re: [boost] mingw help
From: Sergey Popov (loonycyborg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-30 12:54:53

На Sat, 30 May 2009 19:46:12 +0400
Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> записано:

> 1. Currently, we use the same naming on mingw as on windows --
> foo.dll and foo.lib for shared libs and import libs, and libfoo.lib
> for static library. Is this OK?
If you pass -lboost_foo to mingw ld then it will look for following libs:
libboost_foo.dll.a
boost_foo.dll.a
libboost_foo.a
<prefix>boost_foo.dll
libboost_foo.dll
boost_foo.dll

where <prefix> can be set with --dll-search-prefix option to ld and is
 'cyg' by default in case of cygwin.
Consequently it will be able to find only the dynamic library (boost_foo.dll).
 So in order to link against boost on mingw everyone should
remember to pass -llibboost_foo instead of -lboost_foo
or rename the boost libs. I'd rather prefer if -lboost_foo worked out of
 the box on all platforms including mingw.