Subject: Re: [boost] sorting library proposal (Was: Review Wizard Status Report for June 2009)o
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-03 01:20:12

Henrik Sundberg wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Steven Ross <spreadsort_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> With regards to the question of whether Boost is interested in innovative
>> algorithms, that's for the Boost community to decide; I don't know.
>
> I would consider it very strange for Boost not to be interested in
> innovative algorithms. It's a boost anyway.

I don't think "whether Boost is interested in innovative algorithms" is
the right question. The question is what requirements should there be
on algorithms implemented by Boost libraries, assuming Boost is not in
business of reviewing algorithms. I hope you agree than including
implementation of an algorithm from a paper published a day ago in
arbitrary journal would be strange. And on the other hand, an algorithm
described in Knuth is probably "safe". Where's the line between those?

- Volodya