Subject: Re: [boost] [Bug Sprint] Anyone familiar with the utility library want to try bug #2285?
From: Marshall Clow (marshall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-03 13:31:04
At 12:33 PM -0400 6/3/09, David Abrahams wrote:
>on Tue Jun 02 2009, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>> Marshall Clow wrote:
>>> Writing some docs for "unwrap_ref".
>> It's documented in the trunk but not the release branch--which
>> is okay because unwrap_ref itself has not been merged to the
>> release branch.
>Sheesh! It probably should be, no?
>I guess "merge to release" is another thing we need to get into our
Here's a proposal:
1) We add a new ticket type "Merge to release".
2) When you fix a bug in the trunk, instead of closing it as "fixed",
you change it to "Merge to release".
3) After the tests have cycled for a while, and you are confident of
the fix, you mark the bug as "fixed".
1) We can track bugs that are fixed in trunk, but not yet in release.
2) People interested in the bug can test it in trunk.
1) More complexity in the bug flow "process".
-- -- Marshall Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:marshall_at_[hidden]> It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk