Subject: Re: [boost] [lexical_cast] Volunteer testers needed
From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-08 12:43:09

Adam Badura <abadura <at> o2.pl> writes:
> The attached file contains a modification to lexical_cast which I want
> to be included in Boost 1.40. However that requires testing since
> lexical_cast is widely used. I did my own tests but it is not enough.

Hi Adam,

I would prefer it's named boost::classic::lexical_cast but I'm not sure what
is the policy in other boost libraries (Spirit classic comes to mind but
it's classic in a some other way :)

Also, it would be more efficient to use NULL p_loc for classic rather than
&std::locale::classic() because you could turn

#ifndef BOOST_LEXICAL_CAST_ASSUME_C_LOCALE
#endif

into

if(p_loc) {
}