Subject: Re: [boost] [website] adding Google analytics reports to boost.org
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 03:01:30

2009/6/8 David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>:

> on Mon Jun 08 2009, joaquin-AT-tid.es wrote:
>
>> Export API:
>>
>> http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/05/22/make-your-google-analytics-data-public/

Hopefully, there's someone out there working on an open source
solution right now. Although maybe not. There seem to be a few PHP API
classes but I think the best way to approach this would probably be to
use the wordpress plugin as a starting point.

> Is there a rule against sharing an account?
>
> One thing we _could_ consider is getting the SoftwareConservancy to set
> up http://www.google.com/a/cpanel/education/new for Boost.

AFAICT you can only use individual google accounts (not apps accounts)
for signing up to google analytics. You can link google apps education
edition to google analytics, but I think that's just for tracking the
apps pages - it looks like you still have to use your google account:

http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com/2008/11/google-analytics-for-google-apps.html

But you can give access to other google accounts:

https://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?answer=55500&hl=en_US&utm_id=ad

Daniel