Subject: Re: [boost] [Christian S] Spirit and ANTLR - Request for example
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-09 13:19:20

Christian,

Please excuse for the off-topic post.

> I did all you asked. I posted my ANTLR grammars, lexer, parser and AST
> tree.
>
> Not my fault you can't find them. I'd do it again now, but it would be
> a double insult.

Please allow to express my opinion on your behavior here. I think I'm old
and experienced enough to be allowed to express myself.

The general attitude you're exposing on this list is fairly aggressive. You
might have reasons for this, but please be aware that this is very unusual
for this forum. We try to be moderate in our expressed opinions, valuing and
carefully judging any arguments and facts presented by others. As the past
of this thread (and the direct-x thread) shows, many people will react to
your kind of behavior by just ignoring you. This is mainly because this is a
volunteer effort and people contributing see no reason to put themselves
through this type of almost insulting dispute.

IIUC, your goal is to convince the Boost community to accept your work as a
Boost library. Nothing wrong with that, really. I've been through that
before. But I have the feeling you won't get a lot of traction amongst the
Boost people by not be willing to think about what other people have to say,
by ill-reading their responses and by trying to make your point using
demagogic techniques. I presume you're very young, because otherwise you
wouldn't have the general attitude of being the only person in the world
knowing stuff. Believe me, as you get older you will learn to accept that
other people are as bright as you are, even if they have a different view.

So I humbly ask you to consider my advice to be more restrained in the way
you're answering questions, to read others responses more carefully, and,
sometimes, just accept that other people might have more experience or just
a different way of thinking, working, and - well - developing code.

Regards Hartmut