Subject: Re: [boost] "boost cold shoulder" (was proposal for #pragmaoncesupport)
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-10 15:17:50

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Richard
Webb<richard.webb_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> fwiw:
>
> I've done a few quick tests on a lib i'm working on (a Windows DLL built
> with VC9).
>
> The lib has 27 public headers which currently contain both normal include
> guards and #pragma once, and takes ~45 seconds to compile+link. I've tried
> building it with just include guards, and with just #pragma once, and theres
> no noticable difference between the build times.

I was going to suggest that a toy example showing that #pragma once is
beneficial is useless. We need different, more concrete evidence, like
"Adding #pragma once to boost::whatever headers improves compile times
for the user by X%".

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.