Subject: [boost] Vault access for Boost.Debug
From: Zachary Turner (divisortheory_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-15 09:46:48

Hello,

I'd like to request access to the vault. I'm going to upload a
proof-of-concept of some of the things I mentioned earlier in my
thread about Boost.Debug. This early version gives simple stack
traces in limited scenarios, only supports Windows, and isn't designed
very well. Here's an example of a program using it in its current
form:

void test_func(int argc, int argc2, char* argv[])
{
    stack_trace trace(10); //Maximum depth of 10 levels
    std::cout << trace.string() << std::endl;
}

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
    test_func(argc, argc, argv);
    return 0;
}

and an example of the stack trace printed as a result of this program:

void test_func(int, int, char**) [f:/dev/stack_trace/main.cpp:10]
int main(int, char**) [f:/dev/stack_trace/main.cpp:23]
int __tmainCRTStartup() [f:/dd/vctools/crt_bld/self_x86/crt/src/crtexe.c:406]
int mainCRTStartup() [f:/dd/vctools/crt_bld/self_x86/crt/src/crtexe.c:389]

It also currently supports printing the names of all the arguments,
but it was hackish and I left it out until it undergoes some redesign.

There is currently no documentation, but as this is just a proof of
concept I'm currently only looking for people to help out with actual
code and/or provide input, so I think that's ok for now.

Thanks