Subject: Re: [boost] [rfc] cppgui
From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-15 14:03:06

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Ross Levine<ross.levine_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm curious about licensing issues. I believe Qt is available under the
> LGPL, however, is the LGPL compatible with the Boost License?

I've been worried about that too. I'm not sure how it is solvable.
I believe the cppgui can be Boost License even using Qt. Since I only
distribute the source code. But I'm not sure how it is solved when
compiled.

> Other than that, I think this is a good idea, provided there's no need for a
> MOC or something like that. And, Boost has a signals and slots library which
> can be used already!

The cppgui must be compiled with moc, though that is handled
automatically by the boost.build.
But the client code doesn't. And cppgui uses boost.signals library,
which you can use to connect with your handlers.
This requires QT 4.x though to work. Because of the QT_NO_KEYWORDS
define that's needed to compile cppgui.

[snip]

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida