Subject: [boost] [test] Untraceable Boost.Test framework internal error: unknown reason
From: Peter Soetens (peter.soetens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-15 16:17:15

Hi,

I'm using Boost 1.37.0 (Ubuntu Jaunty). When I run my testcases, they
seem to complete well, but just before the end of the program exit, I
get this error from Boost UTF:

Boost.Test framework internal error: unknown reason
FATAL: exception not rethrown
Aborted

I spent an hour trying to figure out 1) how to find out where the
exception was thrown and 2) if the exception catching in boost could
be disabled such that a simple gdb backtrace could point
me to it.

I have the suspicion that one of the signal handlers that boost UTF
installs gets triggered, but I also did not find any way to disable
the boost signal handlers.

I'm really out of options... Any help/hints (would upgrading boost
help?) really appreciated.

Peter