Subject: Re: [boost] [hash][msvc 8.0] <boost/functional/hash/detail/float_functions.hpp> issuing a using namespace std directive?
From: Daniel Hulme (st_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-18 03:22:16

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 09:53:02PM +0200, JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ wrote:
> If I compile the following wih MSVC++ 8.0:
[...]
> compilation succeeds! Somehow, <boost/functional/hash/detail/float_functions.hpp>
> is importing namespace std into the global namespace,
> presumably with a using directive.

Yeah, I've tripped over this MSVC bug as well. 'using namespace' in
namespace scope 'leaks' out into file scope. It's pretty annoying
because it still occurs over header file boundaries. The bug is still
present in VC9, I believe, but I haven't tried 10 yet. (Microsoft knows
it exists but declines to fix it in old compilers.)

--
Trends on the internet are larger than they appear.
http://surreal.istic.org/                            Why did you resign?