Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: Monotonic Containers - Comparison with boost::pool, boost::fast_pool and TBB
From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-22 20:29:23

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Christian
Schladetsch<christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Steven> The user cannot reliably release the memory allocated
>> by monotonic, if monotonic is used simultaneously in multiple
>> independent locations in a program.
>

> This is true, and why I added regions.

I think you should just not support some STL implementations.
We should have interprocess STL implementation moved to a new
namespace in boost. And have monotonic only supports C++0x allocators
concept.
This should make things simpler, more performant, and safer.
With a big warning in docs. And examples using boost.interprocess containers.

[snip]

Regards,

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida