Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Containers? (WAS Re: Proposal: Monotonic Containers - Comparison with boost::pool, boost::fast_pool and TBB)
From: Christian Schladetsch (christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-24 00:01:01

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Christian
> Schladetsch<christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > What do people think of moving boost::interprocess::containers to
> > boost::containers? These containers are not really specific to
> interprocess?
> >

> I think this can easily be done through 'using' declarations:
>
> namespace boost {
> namespace containers {
> using boost::interprocess::list;
> using boost::interprocess::vector;
> /* ... */
> }
> }

This makes complete sense to me.

What would the header names be? Perhaps:

#include <boost/containers/list.hpp>
#include <boost/containers/vector.hpp>
#include <boost/containers.hpp> // includes all above

Would the intermediate directory be called plural containers or singular
container?

Is interprocess::string a container? I would say yes, but then there would
be <boost/container/string.hpp> which seems a little unsettling.

But, does boost really want a <boost/string.hpp> ?

Cheers,
Christian.