Subject: [boost] Random Numbers
From: Dima (dimathematician_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-25 03:56:10

Hi all, this is my first post here. As far as I've seen boost provides
standard
random number generators for each distribution class. So, if you want a
normally
distributed class, you're automatically using Box-Mueller.... However, there
are other
ways of generating random numbers, such as using the inverse cumulative
distribution
function and evaluate it at a uniformly generated random number.

It might be good to add this functionality to the library, since basically
everything that is
needed is there. Questions: Is this already in development? Is this
something of interest?
I'd be willing to participate somehow if this is not already in progress.
Need first step
guidance though.

Best regards, Dima