Subject: Re: [boost] Fixed point integer proposal
From: Daniel Hulme (st_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-25 15:19:26

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 01:57:51PM -0500, Soren Holstebroe wrote:
> I can see there could be a need for it. However, in my opinion, it
> would be out of the scope for a fixed point template to accurately and
> effectively implement trigonometric functions.

Regardless, it's easily something that can be added later, and whenever
it's added, it makes sense to put it in a separate header from the class
template anyway. I'm sure that at review time, the people who want a
useful system now that can be built upon later with extra functions will
outvote anyone who would rather hold their breath for something that
does everything everyone might want.

--
It's so hard to see the Sun with the truth in your eyes.
http://surreal.istic.org/                    Yellow: it's the new khaki.