Subject: Re: [boost] [config] polygon library long long, long double portability
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-26 19:04:45

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> I'm not sure if it's a Boost-wide requirement that all libraries must
> support all compilers, but it's quite common between users to assume
> that's true.
>
> So, I'm not sure if your happiness meets users expactations
> as Viasual C++ 8.0 is still widely used and will be for long time.

You misinterpret my lightheartedness for carelessness. I fully intend to attempt back porting to MSVC8 and I tried to make that clear when I asked if anyone had words of wisdom to offer me before I set out to do just that. Since it takes hours to install visual studio 2005 over the network I'll probably wait until Monday to get started.

Regards,
Luke