Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] v2.0 of Identification library
From: Vicente Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-03 08:58:44

Joel Falcou-3 wrote:
> Ok, some questions.
> I thought it could have been nice to have pre-registered identification
> informations for things like :
> * stl components
> * major boost component (MPl, fusion, proto, array, containers ?)
> However I think this has to be done on a 'optionnal' basis like
> #include <boost/identification/registration/<component_name>.hpp>
> Dos this looks right or not ?

What about using the same file name as the original one and put them in a
specific directory as stl or boost?

#include <boost/identification/std/<file_name>.hpp>
#include <boost/identification/boost/<specific_lib>/<file_name>.hpp>

The typeof library follows already this schema for the STD files.

Later on when a library wants to provide a registration for its own types,
it could use the following pattern

#include <boost/<specific_lib>/identification/<file_name>.hpp>

I have used this to add typeof registration to the types in my Boost.Async

#include <boost/async/typeof/threader.hpp>

Joel Falcou-3 wrote:
> Then, for stuff like MPL and such, should
> I pre-register internal elements ?

I don't think any implicit pre-registration will be useful. The user needing
a given registration need to include the corresponding file.

Sent from the Boost - Dev mailing list archive at

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at