Subject: Re: [boost] [proto] grammar compile error
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-04 13:29:41

Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:
> And I want to create the looser grammar, composed of all
> sub-expressions inside the full grammar somehow. Is there a way to do
> this in proto, or should I start creating it with mpl?
> Is there a way to iterate a grammar?

This sounds like more work than is truly necessary. There is really only
one good reason to specify a grammar when defining a domain, and that is
to disable troublesome operator overloads. My suggestion would be to not
specify your dsel's grammar up front, but rather only validate full
expressions at the point of evaluation. You lose no safety that way.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing