Subject: Re: [boost] [convert] Now with Boost.Parameter interface.
From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-06 02:45:30

Is it possible to sum up the issues? Unfortunately some of us have
floated in and out of the conversation, and I, for one, feel that I am
probably missing some important reprecussions of any suggestions I
might make.

ie:

0. using named parameters - is this still debatable, or pretty much decided

1. how to list params: (locale_ = locale)(throw_ = true) vs (locale_
= locale, throw_ = true) vs ((locale_ = locale, throw_ = true))

2. where to list params: from(str, 0)(more stuff) vs from(str,
0).with(more stuff) vs (more stuff).from(str, 0)

3. returning an int (well, whatever the To type is)

4. use cases: function object, direct call, etc

5. ?

Tony