Subject: Re: [boost] Universal user interface based only on C++ standard libraries
From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-07 19:32:25

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Enders wrote:
> One feature I am always missing when programming in a non-interpreted
> language like C is the ability to interactively execute the program
> without writing an entire mechanism for that. This "interpreted when
> typed"-feature proves itself very useful in python for instance.

not sure if this is what you mean, but you might want to check out cint, a C
and C++ *interpreter* - see http://root.cern.ch . Large portions of the
analysis work of the CERN LHC experiments are carried out with "Root",
which is bult on cint.

I doubt that it can cope with all of Boost, but it is supposedly stable
enough to interprete its own code and let the interpreted interpreter
interpet an (albeit simple) program. It's a long time since I checked this
myself, though.

Best Regards,
Ruediger