Subject: Re: [boost] [rfc] cppgui
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-14 00:12:16

I have not read this whole thread, but near the beginning someone
mentions that they like the Java Swing style, have any of you looked
at the Juce C++ GUI library? It is GPL for free projects ($$$ for
non-GPL). It does not use platform natural widgets, it draws
everything itself, but it is very 'pretty', very fast, and I like many
of the coding styles it uses (listener multiclassing and such,
although I would prefer boost::function pointers though in the more
simple cases). Not something we would really want to use since it
does not blend into the native OS, but it might be a good design to
look at.

Also, what about binding wxWidgets instead, it is very platform based
so it blends perfectly, it also has the universal backend so it can
draw everything itself (best of both worlds?), the license is
lgpl'ish, and I would absolutely love a more pure C++ interface for it
and have finagled with the idea...