Subject: Re: [boost] [BGL] To customize the graph traversing
From: Cosimo Calabrese (cosimo.calabrese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-15 10:36:31

> Yep. I see now. Sorry.
> What if you just "unfold" you graph to explicitly create all possible
> paths? For example, in your example you should duplicate node D to D1
> and D2 and remove edge (D2->G):
>
> _C _ F
> o| //|\
> o / /
> o / /
> A---->B------> D1/o o o >G
> | /\
> \ D2 \
> \ ^ \ \
> \ | \ \
> _\| | _\||/
> E | H

Yes, I've yet do it.

But the graph can increases his dimension in memory too much; moreover,
I must do the "vertex split" ( D in D1 and D2 ) offline, that is before
I use the graph in the client application; if the edge's property (that
explains in which edge the exploration can go) change, I must change the
graph on-the-fly, and my "split algorithm" is complex...

I search a strategy to understand in that direction to continue the
exploration maintaining the graph unchanged. If there were a way to
encapsulate the exploration rule, this would be a more flexible strategy.

Best regards,
Cosimo Calabrese.