Subject: Re: [boost] [xpressive] Performance Tuning?
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-18 01:32:16

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 8:07 PM, OvermindDL1<overminddl1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 6:35 PM, OvermindDL1<overminddl1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> /* snip */
>
> Okay, I cannot for the life of me get that above attached price.cpp
> file to compile.
> It is missing includes (apparently expressive needs something that I
> cannot find either).  It is missing a whole core:: namespace worth of
> functions that both the custom and the xpressive code reference.
> Other things too.  This code is completely worthless until someone
> gives me something complete that I can actually compile.

Okay, I finally got the xpressive version running, and I made a
threadsafe version of the spirit version and a grammar version of the
spirit version. All I need now is some code of the original version
to get that working. I also put in a high-resolution timer and a
testing setup. Here is one run:
Loop count: 10000000
Parsing: 42.5
xpressive: 48.3714
spirit-quick(static): 2.73373
spirit-quick_new(threadsafe): 2.8916
spirit-grammar(threadsafe/reusable): 11.5694
Yes, 7 zero's, not 6, so this test is 10 times slower then what the
other email linked.
xpressive is about 50% faster then the times that other email gave, so
my compiler and processor probably optimize better and run faster.
The Spirit version, even the slowest method, blows it out of the water
though, to put it mildly.

So, if anyone can give me an actual USEFUL version of the above
price.cpp that someone else attached, then I can test the original
customized version.